blogger dashboard blog archive
xyzzy homepage

REXX, Full Frontal mpeg, IANA

2019-09-20

I miss you × I know it when I see it

A short episode in the YouTube vs. users series:
  1. Too much transparency, it is none of my business who claimed the copyright for a now deleted video, unless I uploaded it.
  2. Not enough transparency, I need a notification if a video in one of my playlists is deleted.
Background, a triple strike on Björk in In principio (pt. 1: 1970-1999): Human Behaviour v=KDbPYoaAiyc is now v=36Srr08PN_Y, I miss you v=IKSoBJ8WirE is now v=ybDX_5hQ6So (non-adult version), and Hunter v=CyM5wow-hUk is now v=DnW77jmr-Xg.  There are lots of I miss you versions on YouTube, but I cannot tell if one of them is the wannabe-adult version for a playlist about YouTube's Community Guidelines. Or in other words, I removed I miss you from the Guidelines playlist, because there is still another "uncensored" (age-restricted) Pagan Poetry video by Björk in it, and I replaced it in the 1970-1999 playlist.

While at it, the deleted Declare Independence v=4z7NN4n8CTY in In principio (pt. 2: 2000-2019) is a major loss, I'm not going to find and fix all posts here, where I embedded this master piece. IMNSHO this is a bug, YouTube could simply redirect its URL to the still existing identical v=4P5xSntVWQE. Don't let them do that to youRaise your flag:



Just for the records, the (apparently) deleted account issue (2) has nothing to do with the leaked copyright strike issue (1), only the platform (YouTube) and the effect (deleted video) are similar.

No comments:

Labels

Creative Commons Licencexyzzy blog
CC Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 License
Search only IANA, ICANN, IETF, OpenSPF, Unicode, W3C, xyzzy

About Me

My photo
Hamburg, Germany
There's no EX in ex-Wikiholic. Now having fun with the last days of Google+ and its self-proclaimed murderess.