REXX, Full Frontal mpeg, IANA


rxwhois 2.0.5

Version 2.0.5 of rxwhois.cmd now also works as WindowsNT ooRexx script, just rename it to rxwhois.rex. I've adopted additional local character sets from utf-8.cmd including codepage 923 (ISO 8859-15, Latin 9) and 878 (KOI8-R), but I've only tested 858 (pc-multilingual-850+euro) and 1252 (windows-1252).

As always some whois-servers for ccTLDs had to be updated, for details see the source. After a system crash of my OS/2 box in June I was unable to check anything beyond the whois servers already known by rxwhois.cmd,, and Just for fun I've added the eleven IDN TLDs for the test beginning in September 2007:

  1. Arabic xn--kgbechtv
  2. Persian xn--hgbk6aj7f53bba
  3. Chinese, simplified xn--0zwm56d
  4. Chinese, traditional xn--g6w251d
  5. Russian xn--80akhbyknj4f
  6. Hindi xn--11b5bs3a9aj6g
  7. Greek xn--jxalpdlp
  8. Korean xn--9t4b11yi5a
  9. Yiddish xn--deba0ad
  10. Japanese xn--zckzah
  11. Tamil xn--hlcj6aya9esc7a

Known issue: rxwhois.cmd expects UTF-8 as charset of whois servers, but uses Latin-1 for at least one TLD ht (Haiti) entry. The IANA folks told me that they'll intend to use ASCII data for the eleven IDN test TLDs.

No comments:


Creative Commons Licencexyzzy blog
CC Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 License
Search only IANA, ICANN, IETF, OpenSPF, Unicode, W3C, xyzzy

About Me

My photo
Hamburg, Germany
There's no EX in ex-Wikiholic. Now having fun with the last days of Google+ and its self-proclaimed murderess.