blogger dashboard blog archive
xyzzy homepage

REXX, Full Frontal mpeg, IANA

2019-01-19

purl.net/xyzzy

Reviving this dead blog was possibly maybe a bad idea, but I'm still terrified to get a Twitter account to replace G+ in April, maybe Blogger is goodbad enough. At least it still works, and apart from Gmail I'm not aware of any other still working Google product. #GirlsGotGroove could be an argument for Twitter, "registering" hashtags is about as much fun as playing with WikiData.

The old websites are now all gone, R.I.P.: 2004, 2010, 2012. For the required legalese I trusted that "click on banner + click on imprint" covered your privacy also for this blog, i.e., there is no such thing as privacy on Google products, and if you allow third party cookies SoundCloud.com (example) will track you on any page with an SC iframe (=technical term for an embedded object, ignoring images + applets.)

SC politely asked to put that info into any affected privacy policy, so consider it done here for this blog until I get a static blogger page for some remotely legal legalese. I still don't do analytics or monetisation or cookies, not here, not on YouTube, nowhere, period. BTW, get an AdBlock, and disallow JavaScript on all sites complaining about it, c.f. chrome://settings/content/javascript.

DynDNS killed xyzzy.webhop.info some years ago, IIRC it was a redirect to my Google Apps account. Meanwhile Google also killed the target, good riddance.

DynDNS also killed xn--80akhbyknj4f.boldlygoingnowhere.org and xn--xyzzy.boldlygoingnowhere.org belonging to my i18n-fun pages here. That's sad, but the fun factor was possibly maybe limited to some folks I (virtually) met in IETF WGs. All is well if it ends well, SPF is a proper RFC now, the technically dubious (or ethically too ambitious) Sender-ID is dead, and I even produced a silly RFC to balance the IAB appeal.

No comments:

Labels

Creative Commons Licencexyzzy blog
CC Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 License
Search only IANA, ICANN, IETF, OpenSPF, Unicode, W3C, xyzzy

About Me

My photo
Hamburg, Germany
There's no EX in ex-Wikiholic. Now having fun with the last days of Google+ and its self-proclaimed murderess.