blogger dashboard blog archive
xyzzy homepage

REXX, Full Frontal mpeg, IANA

2019-02-20

Raise Your Flag (pt. 3)

Apart from favourite music and books a blogger profile also offers favourite films, and this is my attempt to pick 3×2 films (as of today) and a third flag:


Obvious problem, this would be kicked out of my YouTube channel or go straight into the Religiously Incorrect playlist, but this is a blog, the channel rules are not (yet) applicable here. For some kind of minimal standard I picked seen at least twice, and of course fans of Hitchcock, Kubrick, or Monty Python would pick other master pieces (and I'd love to see them again, but what I listed here impressed me most.) Silent Running made me cry, that's rare for a movie or music (Kate Bush - Cloudbusting surprised me recently, after what, over 30 years, really?) For books it's not that rare, e.g., Han Qing-jao as heroine in Xenocide.

Hot candidates for position 7 include L'Age d'Or / Un Chien Andalou, Triumph of the Will (beating Metropolis), and at some point Space Patrol – The Fantastic Adventures of the Spaceship Orion would just hop to the top based on General Lydia van Dyke and Lt. Tamara Jagellovsk.

The Nato flag is unused in Freeciv and in theory suited for the Natives, but in practice no ruleset loads the unused flags, and changing that manually isn't easy, unless you accept that new versions will overwrite very simple straight forward modifications.

NATO flag for the Freeciv Natives

No comments:

Labels

Creative Commons Licencexyzzy blog
CC Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 License
Search only IANA, ICANN, IETF, OpenSPF, Unicode, W3C, xyzzy

About Me

My photo
Hamburg, Germany
There's no EX in ex-Wikiholic. Now having fun with the last days of Google+ and its self-proclaimed murderess.